Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Latest Additions to my Powell / Bishop & Stonier family

 Here are some pics of the most recent additions to my collection.  Above: two examples of the Fujiyama pattern, given different colour treatments (Bishop & Stonier, circa 1920s).  The jug has the added interest that unlike every other example i've come across, it doesn't bear the Bisto Korea Vases mark, just a caduceus.  Below: An Aesthetic P.B&S vase (1880s), decorated in moulded relief with birds, insects and flowers on a tiled texture background.  Not everyone's cup of tea i'm sure, but i'm a sucker for this style of design.


2 comments:

CARF Brazil said...

Take a look at these vases and tell me what you think.
http://bimg2.mlstatic.com/par-de-vasos-em-porcelana-velho-paris_MLB-F-237380470_9099.jpgbersurp

CARF Brazil said...

Take a look at these delightful vases in my collection and tell me what you think: http://bimg2.mlstatic.com/par-de-vasos-em-porcelana-velho-paris_MLB-F-237380470_9099.jpg

About Me

My photo
Sometimes, life doesn't turn out the way you expected. And sometimes, it is exactly as it was 'meant' to be. I believe that life is a both a learning experience and an obstacle course to be climbed and clambered over in the most creative way possible! In doing so, you'll get to where you should be even if it's not where you'd imagined.