Monday, August 11, 2008

It's dinner at mine

Anyone who knows me will testify to the fact that usually I hate having visitors to my home - i'm just not one for entertaining (or dusting for that matter). And if you were to drop by uninvited and unannounced you would be met with a look of horror and daggers. Well, no longer. I can now say that we have actually entertained people for dinner at our house - ok, so they were family who know all about my general aversion to hoovering, but they were guests none-the-less. And, as guests, they were allowed to use the "good china" which is a set of plates and tazzas/comports that I purchased from a Scottish seller on Ebay. I took a gamble after viewing the very blurry photos and scant description and was well and truly delighted with my purchase. I could not believe my luck in buying so many pieces for such a low price - i won't divulge it here or i might blush. Needless to say, the cost of postage was actually more than the final hammer price and even with that I got an absolute steal. My family were very impressed, I think, when they sat there eating their take away curries off it; some seated on the floor round the coffee table because we don't actually have a dining room! Don't ever let it be said that we're not classy in this household ;-) A couple of close ups of some of the plates. There are several flowers illustrated in the set: carnations, daisies, forget-me-nots, roses, daffodils, cornflowers etc. The grey colour you can see on the plates is not staining or a trick of the light, it's actually a patented glaze design that P.B&S registed which on closer inspection you can see is tiny cherry blossom flowers.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sometimes, life doesn't turn out the way you expected. And sometimes, it is exactly as it was 'meant' to be. I believe that life is a both a learning experience and an obstacle course to be climbed and clambered over in the most creative way possible! In doing so, you'll get to where you should be even if it's not where you'd imagined.