Friday, June 13, 2008

How much?!?

I was recently contacted by a lady who wanted some advice on a tureen that she had - an ivory body with the pattern named ASTER. I commented that part of the design, the border, was used on other pieces. With this info in mind, i set about looking for a picture to illustrate my point and came across this platter from P.B&S London series which illustrated famous London landmarks - in this instance, the Crystal Palace. As it turned out, I was wrong that the border pattern was exactly the same - sorry Jessica - but i'm sure you'll agree it is very similar. I have seen a few things from the London landmarks series before, sometimes in plain brown transfer, sometimes handcoloured. What surprised me most about this piece was not the pattern, but the price being asked by the retailer - $395 I knew the image of the Crystal Palace was collectable, but that is quite astounding for something that was really meant as just a bit of tourist ware.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sometimes, life doesn't turn out the way you expected. And sometimes, it is exactly as it was 'meant' to be. I believe that life is a both a learning experience and an obstacle course to be climbed and clambered over in the most creative way possible! In doing so, you'll get to where you should be even if it's not where you'd imagined.